Enjoy!♥

Enjoy!♥
Simplicity makes me smile!

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Praline Practice




When I get something in my head I just have to do it. For some reason pralines popped into my mind the other day. 
So I've been combing the internet for tips and a great recipe. 
I decided today to dive in and try one. 
Recipe
3/8 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla

In a heavy stockpot add first four ingredients. Stir slightly to combine. 
Bring to a boil 340 degrees. Soft ball. 
Remove from heat. 
Add vanilla and nuts. Beat until opaque. 
Scoop onto wax paper. 

This is the boiling process. 






You have to scoop fast because it hardens quick. 

They taste delish. I'll keep working on this one. Perfection. 


No comments:

Post a Comment