Enjoy!♥

Enjoy!♥
Simplicity makes me smile!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Kale is the new Spinach and it CAN Carry a Meal!

Usually when a meal is this pretty you don't want to eat it but I couldn't wait. I bought the Russian Kale, Broccolini and the Butternut Squash at the Organic Farmers Market on Saturday.
It was very easy to wash and chop the greens. I then put them in a large skillet with a lug of olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped garlic. It takes not even three minutes to get these cooked down to where they are still crunchy. I like the crunch so I don't cook them to death. Plus you save a lot of the wonderful nutrients. 

The butternut squash baked in the oven for about one hour at 350 degrees. I slice the ends off. Cut it in half. Lay it face down on a foil covered baking sheet. That's it! When it is done I scoop the seeds out and sprinkle salt and pepper on it to taste. 

The chicken breasts were sprinkled with cajun seasoning. Place in foil and folded up. Put in the oven for about 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Tender moist and juicy! 
It was so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment