Enjoy!♥

Enjoy!♥
Simplicity makes me smile!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Greens, Eggs and Bacon

Collard Greens that is! This is a wonderful dish I put together this morning just using fresh ingredients I had in the house. It was Delicious!! I felt like it was easy too. Filled my belly up for a good long time. Made it through Zumba class!
Recipe
for 
Greens, Eggs and Bacon

A bunch of fresh Collard Greens or greens of choice cleaned and chopped roughly. You can buy these in a large bag already cleaned.

One large onion chopped.

1/2 pound of bacon cooked.

coconut oil

salt and pepper to taste

Poached eggs....your desired amount

Instructions

Melt coconut oil in large pot.
Add Bacon that you have crunched up into bite size pieces.
Add onion and saute.
Add greens, salt and pepper.
Saute until still slightly crunchy.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Poach eggs to your favorite consistency.
I like them a little runny.
Add a garnish of fresh tomatoes!
Delish!
I made breakfast bowls with this for the week ahead. Yum!!





No comments:

Post a Comment