Enjoy!♥

Enjoy!♥
Simplicity makes me smile!

Monday, September 14, 2015

Pumpkin Muffins with Maple Glaze

There is nothing better than the feeling of fall in the air. And with that comes PUMPKIN!! 
I try to wait until October 1st each year but this year I broke the code. I decorated my front porch and busted out the canned pumpkin for a fall treat!! 
This recipe is not only delicious but super easy! My kind of recipe!


~recipe~
1 15 ounce can pumpkin purée 
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves ground
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda 
2 cups flour 

I dumped all ingredients except the flour in my kitchen aid bowl and turned it on. 


I Mixed well and then I added the flour. 
Mixed just until blended. You never want to over mix the flour. It makes your baked goods tough. 
Then I lined a muffin pan with muffin liners. I did this because I personally do not like hard muffin sides. 
This will keep them soft. I plan on removing them from the papers prior to frosting. 


Bake for 22 minutes at 350 degrees. 


Allow to cool and remove papers. 

Glaze

1.5 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp maple extract
Whisk together. 
It need to be the consistency of glaze. 
Add more sugar if too thin or more milk if too thick. 
Dip the muffin tops in the glaze. 
There you have it!! Go get a cup of coffee!!



No comments:

Post a Comment