Enjoy!♥

Enjoy!♥
Simplicity makes me smile!

Monday, October 5, 2015

French Toast ~ the real deal.



Here is my recipe for real French toast. When growing up we used to make French toast with regular loaf bread it was good And I loved it. A few years ago I made French toast with the bread I made for our local coffee shop and it was amazing. My bread was on the verge of being stale. That's why I decided to use it up and make French toast. 
I don't think using fresh bread is the way to go when making French toast. 

Recipe 
Well, first you have to make my easy French bread. And let it sit for 3-4 days. See previous blog post. 


The mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon


Mix or whisk together. 



Slice the loaf in thick slices. 


Dip slices in the egg mixture. 


Place in medium heat skillet. With a drizzle of oil. 


Brown on each side for a few minutes. Making sure egg is well cooked. 


 
Remove from skillet. It's ready to go!!


A little butter. Syrup. Yumm



The extra will be bagged and placed in the refrigerator for this week!!






No comments:

Post a Comment