Enjoy!♥

Enjoy!♥
Simplicity makes me smile!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Buttermilk Biscuit Bread


This bread is so good. I'm addicted to it. Especially now that tomatos are in season. 
Nothing better than a slice of biscuit bread. Heated with a little butter. And a sliced home grown Tennessee tomato. 

I stumbled upon this variation by mistake. And it's one of the best mistakes I've ever made. 
I added too much buttermilk to my biscuit recipe. And decided to pour it in a baking dish. The rest is history. My history anyway. 


~biscuit bread~

One stick of cold butter grated with a cheese grater. 
3 cups of self rising flour
2 1/2 to 3 cups buttermilk. 

Grate the stick of butter. Toss the butter in a bowl with 3 cups of SR flour. 
I toss the flour and butter around with my fingers trying to incorporate the butter and flour well. 
Add 2 1/2 cups of buttermilk. Stir gently wth a spoon. 
You don't want to work it too much or biscuits will be tough. 
You will want this batter to be loose. 
So you might need to add more buttermilk. 
Grease a ceramic 9x13 or large casserole dish. My dish is smaller than 9x13 but deep. 
Pour dough into dish. 
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. 

Until no longer jiggly in the middle and toasty brown on top. 


I LOVE this biscuit variation. And it's so easy. 
Enjoy!!








No comments:

Post a Comment