Enjoy!♥

Enjoy!♥
Simplicity makes me smile!

Friday, February 18, 2011

I wouldn't have it any other way!

     I have a lot keeping me busy today. But I love it! I spoke with Austin's High School counselor today to see if we are right on track with preparing for college. It all starts when they are a junior and I don't want to miss a thing. His being accepted and invited to attend Governor's School for Emerging Technologies is a huge deal. It includes a full scholarship from the State of Tennessee to cover tuition, textbooks, field trips, housing and meals while at Tennessee Tech University for 6 weeks this summer. We just have to get him there and back. No problem there.
      It is suppose to be one of the most extraordinary intellectual experiences you can have as a high school student. He will experience some of the most engaging academic challenges and visit cutting-edge research facilities across Tennessee. And he will be among some of the brightest students in Tennessee. He is so super excited. I can't tell you how proud we are of him.
     His counselor assured me we are right on track, doing what needs to be done in order for him to have all that is available to him in the next 18 months.
Whew! I can't believe its already time for college. Aubrey will be in high school next year too. Wow.
And I am still doing Valentine's Day Parties in Elementary School. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I love my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment