Enjoy!♥

Enjoy!♥
Simplicity makes me smile!

Monday, February 7, 2011

What is for dinner Today?

        I woke up this morning and my brain was churning as usual. I worry about what I am going to make for dinner. I work the next couple of days and I have to have my food plan in order. 
        I blew my diet yesterday. We had delicious Mexican. I pureed Cajun pinto beans from leftovers late last week...delish I must say. Browned some organic beef with taco seasonings. Added a chopped jalapeno and a chopped onion and then tossed in the pintos. Served with Salsa Verde, sour cream and cheese. YUM!!
That's not all!! Warm chocolate chip cookies from the oven. The only way to eat them, unless it is cookie dough. That is my opinion. 
        We watched a movie this weekend called" Food Matters", a MUST see for everyone!!!
Stream it through Netflix if you have the Wii or Xbox. You have to see it. 
         So today I am back on track with the eat well plan. I started my day with my favorite Banana Protein Smoothie and a warm stone ground pancake from the frig. 6 points and I am still full two hours later. 
                                                                                  ~recipe~ 
                                                                    Banana Protein Smoothie
                                                                4 ounces Almond Milk unsweetened
                                                                1 Banana
                                                                 a few fresh berries any kind will do
                                                                 1 Tablespoon Flax Meal
                                                                 1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
                                                                  Handful of Ice
                                                            Put all ingredients in my Magic Bullet and blend. 4 points
        Now what is for dinner??
I have organic chicken breasts in the crock pot over a bed of sliced onion. I added chopped garlic and lemon pepper seasoning, put the top on and forget about it until about 4 pm and I will add BBQ sauce. Right now it smells wonderful in my house.
In the oven will be baked potatoes. I will steam some broccoli. Saute  some Kale in garlic and onion.
I am making a Bulgur Wheat Salad and home made French bread. The dough is rising and the Wheat is soaking in water. That should get us through a couple of days. Whew~!
I better get busy school just called and the kids are getting out early...Again
I will post pics later.





No comments:

Post a Comment