Enjoy!♥

Enjoy!♥
Simplicity makes me smile!

Monday, August 31, 2015

Buckeye Bars



I'm in the Monday test kitchen gearing up for Art in the Park 2015. 
I love being creative and changing things up. Offering new options. 
This year I wanted to add a chocolate and peanut butter treat. 
Most people who love chocolate love it combined with peanut butter. 

This was my end result. 
Here is my recipe:
~Buckeye Bars~
1 stick of butter
1 1/2 cups peanut-butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla. 
Place in mixer and mix until creamy. 


Chocolate recipe~

In saucepan over medium heat melt
3 cups chocolate chips. 
2 tablespoons shortening. 
1/2 cup peanut butter. 
Stir until smooth and remove from heat. 


On parchment lay out graham crackers. 
And brush one side with chocolate. And then scoop peanut butter filling into cracker. Spread it out with a knife. 
Top it with another graham cracker. 



I added a stick to some just to see how they dipped. And it worked out well. 
Less messy. 


Sprinkle with some salted peanuts. 
Really really good.
I think this test day was a success!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment